Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Prayer For an Open Heart

Loving God,

You promised to transform our stony hearts into hearts of flesh, free us from selfishness and indifference.

Increase our capacity for mercy, empathy, understanding, and tenderness.

Purify us so that we may see you in the poor, the lonely, and the brokenhearted.

Draw us into your great heart, and unify us so that our hearts beat as one.

Fill us with such zeal for our faith that it illuminates every part of our lives.

We pray this in the name of Jesus whose whole-hearted sacrifice we celebrate this Easter.

Amen.


Source: My church bulletin

5 comments:

Ash said...

Amen, that is such an important prayer!

Ash said...

Hi Faye,

It's me again. Have you ever read any books by John Eldredge?

They are really good.

'Waking the dead', 'The Ransomed Heart' and 'The Sacred Romance' are excellent.

He also wrote a book for men called 'Wild At Heart'. Then with his wife, they co-wrote a book for women called 'Captivating' (John and Stasi Eldredge).

I really recommend them.

Love Ash

Fayrouz said...

Hi Ash,

No, I haven't read any of his books. Now that you mentioned his books, I'll check them at the bookstore.

I liked "Purpose Driven Life." It's a nice, simple and spiritual reading. That's my recommendation next to any thing with Mother Teresa's name on it.

Ash said...

Thanks.

I was at a friend's house today who had a copy of 'The Purpose Driven Life' and although I had heard of it before I had not read it because the word 'driven' in the title put me off wanting to read it. However, I did borrow it from her today and I will read it.

Fayrouz said...

I hope you enjoy reading it :-)