Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Seeds of Faith

By Unknown Author

Parents, teachers, priests and many others spend much of their lives implanting words. Naturally they want to reap the harvest. But the harvest is often slow in coming.

This is also true of God's word. Since the days of our youth, this precious seed has been falling into the soil of our hearts. Yet what results have we to show? Perhaps very little. But we must not despair.

A handful of grains of wheat was found in the tomb of one of the kings of ancient Egypt. Someone planted and watered them. To the amazement of everyone, the grains came to life and began to grow, after five thousand years lying in a tomb.

The word of God, once dropped into the human heart, Never dies.

4 comments:

Meera said...

Dear Fayrouz,

I came to this blog from BreakRoom. Is this a new blog of yours?
Wonderful work... I felt very soothed after reading the entries... especially the prayer of St.Francis of Assisi. I studied in a Franciscan Missionary Convent and we recited this prayer every morning... Deep spiritual thoughts strung together with simple words...
Keep up the good work... I am listening in India... Of all your blogs, this one will touch people the most...
Thank you.

Meera

Fayrouz said...

Hi Meera,

So you found my secret place :-)

I made this blog for my thoughts. It helps me relax. Now that I have you and another reader, I guess I need to update more frequently :-)

Meera said...

Dear Fayrouz,

Happy Birthday. Wish you a happy and fruitful life.

Since this is my favourite blog, I thought I'll post my wishes here. Hope you don't mind...

I am looking forward to your posts, as always...

Take care.

love,
Meera.

Fayrouz said...

Dear Meera,

Thank you so much for your nice wishes. Actually, I'm happy you posted on this blog. It's my favorite blog too.

"Live From Dallas" doesn't feel personal at all. This feels more personal and it really calms me down.