Saturday, October 23, 2004

Presence of God

The author of the following viewpoint is unknown. Sorry :-(

Martin Luther King tells how he had his own labor. In the height of the struggle for civil rights for the black people, one night he suddenly reached a rock bottom. He felt he could not go on. He was tired of the insults and injuries. In the state of exhaustion and despair, he threw himself on his knees before God and prayed like this:

Lord, I have taken a stand for what I believe is right.
But now I'm afraid.
The people are looking to me for leadership.
If I stand before them without courage or strength,
they too will falter.
But I am at the end of my powers.
I have nothing left.
I've come to the point where I can't face it alone.

He said at that moment he experienced the presence of God in a way he had never experienced before. On the strength of that experience, he was able to continue the strength.

No comments: