Tuesday, December 21, 2004

I believe In Death


I believe in death,
I believe that it is a part of life,
I believe that we are born to die,
to die that we may live more fully;
born to die a little each day
to selfishness, pretence, and to sin.

I believe that
we taste death in moments of
sorrow and disappointment,
when we are afraid,
have courage, and give up,
when we see our dreams broken,
and every time we say goodbye.

I believe that
we are dying before our time
when we live in bitterness,
in hatred and in isolation.

I believe that
each day we are creating
our own death by the way we live.

To those who believe in Christ,
death is the gateway to eternal life.


-- Author Unknown

2 comments:

Jarod Olds said...

Fayrouz,

It is so great to meet fellow Christians in this increasingly polarized, bitter world that we live in. God allows you to see the deeper and more important things in life.

Thanks alot for taking time to do your blog. I am a student at Austin College in Sherman, TX, and a follower of Christ, and you are my sister in Christ. Thanks alot.

Jarod

Fayrouz said...

Dear Jarod,

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I'm from Dallas, Texas. And, thank you for calling me your sister in Jesus The Christ. That was so sweet.

Merry Christmas and a happy new year.