Thursday, July 14, 2005

An Answer From Book of Jonah

 
I have a special way to communicate with God. Whenever I need his opinion on a major issue, I pick up The Bible,ask the question in my head, then choose a random page to read from The Bible.

Today, I needed an important answer. Actually, I needed a lot of help from God. Here's what I got this time:

Book of Jonah - Chapter II

Then Jonah prayed to the LORD his God from the belly of the fish saying:

I called to the LORD out of my distress, and he answered me; out of the nether world I cried, and you heard my voice.

You cast me into the deep, into the heart of the seas, and the flood surrounded me; all your waves and your billows passed over me.

Then I said, 'I'm driven away from your sight; how shall I look again upon your holy temple?'

The waters closed in over me; the deep surrounded me; weeds were wrapped around my head at the roots of the mountains.

I went down to the land whose bars closed upon me forever; yet you brought up my life from the Pit.

O LORD my God.

As my life was ebbing away, I remembered the LORD; and my prayer came to you; into your holy temple.

Those who worship vain idols forsake their true loyalty.

But I with the voice of Thanksgiving will sacrifice to you what I vowed I will pay. Deliverance belongs to the LORD!"

Then the LORD spoke to the fish, and it spewed Jonah out upon the dry land.

I guess I'm getting some help from him this time. I know the hard times will be over with very soon.
 

2 comments:

pebblepie said...

You email link got me here...

XOXO

Fayrouz said...

So, what do you think his message was for me this time ?