Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Helping The Widow of Slained Iraqi Translator


NOTE:
This post will stay at the top until the end of this month. Please, scroll down for newer posts I publish this month.



UPDATE II
I received $1,500.00 from a donor who wishes to stay anonymous. Thank you anonymous for your generosity.


UPDATE I
I just received an e-mail from Lisa Ramaci to inform me that The Steven Vincent Foundation will donate $500.00 to Mrs. Enwiya. I'm speechless.

Lisa,
Thank you so much for your generosity. It means so much to all of us.


ORIGINAL POST Jan. 10, 2006
After a discussion with my friend Mad Canuck this morning, we decided to start a donation for the widow of murdered Iraqi translator Allan Enwiya.

Last Saturday, Allan was murdered in cold blood when Jill Carroll was kidnapped after leaving Al-Dulaimi office in Baghdad's suburb of Al-Adil. Allan was Jill Carroll's translator. He leaves behind a wife and very young children. You have no idea how hard it is for a young widow to raise children in Iraq.

The media will drop his name very soon and focus on Jill because she's the one in danger right now. We're all praying for her safety. But, we shouldn't forget about her translator who lost his life while trying to make a living for his young family.

I know you all have bills and credit cards to pay after the Christmas season. Still, I hope five or ten dollars won't harm your budget. It will definitely make a difference to Allan's widow.

I count on your generosity.


** List of donors.

NOTE: I put the PayPal donation button at the top of the sidebar.
 

No comments: