Sunday, November 12, 2006

Prayer To Our Lady of Czestochowa

Dear Lady of Czestochowa, our Black Madonna, teach me the lesson of human family.

Remind me that whether we are black or white or red or yellow makes no difference, that we're all human.

When I might be tempted to judge people in terms of race or ethnicity, send your image to me so that I remember that we are all your children, that we all come from God.

And when I might hear racial or ethnic insults, strengthen your spirit of love within me, that I might speak up for the dignity of all people and not be a silent accomplice to prejudice.

Remove the fear of difference from my heart, that I might look at and treat all people as loving and lovable brothers and sisters.

Amen.

Source: 100 Names of Mary




100 Names of Mary

No comments: