Friday, December 22, 2006

Alchemist, The Book

I don't read much fiction. But, when I started reading Alchemist,I couldn't put it down. I can't remember the last time I read a novel that made me re-think the meaning of my life.

Anyone can easily find yourself in this book. You may be one character or the other. By the time you finish reading the book, you'll have a better understanding of yourself.

I appreciate the writer's view of the Middle East. He could have easily used the stereotypical view of the Middle East. Instead, he showed the wisdom of his Middle Eastern characters.

The best thing about the book is its shortness. The back of my copy included an interview with the writer, Paulo Coelho. The interview was originally published on beliefnet. According to Paulo, the book will be made into a movie. I doubt the movie can capture the spirituality and philosophy of the book.





Alchemist

No comments: