Thursday, December 14, 2006

Praying With The Iraqi People

A Christian Science Monitor journalist/Writer/Contributer wrote last week:

Does it matter that Iraq is almost completely a Muslim society and I'm a Christian? As I pondered this question, I found where Mary Baker Eddy, the founder of this newspaper, wrote: "God is universal; confined to no spot, defined by no dogma, appropriated by no sect. Not more to one than to all, is God demonstrable as divine Life, Truth, and Love; and His people are they that reflect Him - that reflect Love" ("Miscellaneous Writings 1883-1896," p 150).

There isn't a Muslim God and a Christian God. There is, I believe, only the one infinite All-power. This makes us all children of the one God, and therefore we have a brotherhood that is wider than the narrow confines of religious dogma

Read more...

Prayers have no boundaries. When in need of a prayer, don't hesitate to ask a Muslim, a Christian or to pray with you. I believe in the power of interfaith even when some people disappoint me. I always think back to myself and say, "There are good and bad apples in the basket. Pick the good ones."

Iraq certainly needs your prayers these days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite books on Prayer is the Cloud of Unkowning. It is not the words we pray but that we lift up our hearts to God. I would be happy and grateful if anyone did that for me...

Fayrouz said...

Drew,

Thank you for mentioning the prayer book. I'm always looking for books that lift up my spirit.