Tuesday, August 28, 2007

The Catholic Eco-Confession



Source: EDP24


I hadn't been to confession in a long time. I'm not sure why. Probably because I keep repeating the same faults over and over again. So, reading about the eco-confession caught my attention. The U.K. EDP24 reports:

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned… I have not recycled my tin cans and I have booked a holiday to Australia.

It may not be a typical confession, but it is exactly what you will hear next weekend when people line up to admit their green sins. The eco-confessions will be a new attraction at the Waveney Greenpeace fair, which will be attended by thousands of people.

And on hand will be none other than a Catholic priest, Fr Anthony Sutch, to hear confessions...

Fr Anthony joked: “I don't know what the bishop will say!”

When I lived in Australia, my neighbors and I took the recycling of cans, bottles and paper very seriously. Neither Dallas nor Beaumont are big on recycling. I feel guilty because I drink many bottles of water and Diet Coke. I hope my next neighborhood or city of residence is an eco-friendly place.

No comments: