Saturday, January 01, 2005

St. Anthony Prayer

St. Anthony, gentlest of Saints, your love for God and charity for his creatures, made you worthy, when on earth, to possess miraculous powers. Miracles waited on your word, which you were ready to speak for those in trouble or anxiety. Encouraged by this thought, I ask you to obtain for me the favors that I seek (mention your request here).

The answer to my prayer may require a miracle, even so, you are the Saint of Miracles.

O gentle and loving St. Anthony, whose heart was full of sympathy, whisper my petition into the ears of the Infant Jesus, who loved to be held in your arms; and the gratitude of my heart will ever by yours.
 

2 comments:

Grizzly Mama said...

I don't mean to be disrespectful - but here's the St Anthony prayer that I learned growing up Catholic:

'Tony, Tony look around, something's lost and can't be found.' Then - say what it is that's been lost.

I can't tell you how many things have been found this way for me.

The prayer you posted is much more beautiful - I have to admit.

Fayrouz said...

My husband calls him "Saint of The Hancock family."

Even though my husband turned away from Catholicism, he still asks me to pray St. Anthony's prayer whenever he loses something. It always work. Kind of scary as I was introduced to St. Tony by the Hancock family.

Gosh, I needed to know him earlier in my life :-)