Friday, December 09, 2005

Reflections of a Peacemaker

This week, I read Mattie J.T. Stepanek's book "Reflections of a Peacemaker." The book was published after Mattie's death last year. It's a collection of his thoughts during his short life. It's the best book to buy for children and adults as a gift of love, peace and hope.

While reading the book, I kept wondering how this young boy kept his faith through the death of his older siblings at such a young age -- not to mention his physical suffering. His faith makes put us all to shame. We have less problems and struggles, but seem to lose our faith from time to time.

I still believe Mattie was a real angel sent to brighten our lives. I'm grateful for the day I watched him on the Oprah Winfery Show.

Mattie loved to call himself a "poet, peacemaker and philosopher who played." His best advise was "remember to play after every storm."





Reflections of a Peacemaker:
A Portrait Through Heartsongs


No comments: