Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Kingdom of Heaven, The Movie

I decided to watch "Kingdom of Heaven" for a few reasons. Being someone who grew up in the Middle East, I was curious to see how the movie would portray one of our most admired leaders Saladin. I wasn't disappointed with his character in this movie.

I also wanted to see Hollywood's take on the subject of the crusades. With Hollywood, you may never know what you get. With this movie, they tried to keep a balanced account of what happened during that time. Of course, they had to insert a love story in the plot to make it more entertaining. That's very Hollywood.

And I wanted to compare this movie to my favorite Arabic movie on the same subject, which is "Al-Nasr Saladin." Comparing the two, I still love the Arabic story more than Hollywood's story.

With that said, I have to say I like the message the movie sends us. The message is that you have to find Kingdom of Heaven in your heart. If you can't find God in your heart, then you may wonder the world all your life without ever finding him.




Kingdom of Heaven


No comments: