Monday, April 03, 2006

SW LA Churches Destroyed By Hurricane Rita

I went with Mark to Southwest Louisiana on Thursday. He was on an assignment to cover the reconstruction work in areas devastated by Hurricane Rita that hit Southeast Texas and Southwest Louisiana six months ago. I also photographed some of the destroyed churches in Cameron Parish (County), La. during my trip:





Mike McCall wrote me in an e-mail:

The church is the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church [slide 5]...My great grandfather donated the land for the church and our family pretty much supported it. After Hurricane Audrey, it was the only church operating in lower Cameron Parish until St. Eugene and Sacred Heart could be rebuilt.

Thank you Mike for the information about the church.


More slideshows:

Hurricane Rita, The Forgotten Storm.
Animals on the road.

No comments: