Wednesday, April 05, 2006

It Must Be a Joke

When I read the following yesterday, I thought it was a joke:

Paris Hilton and Mother Teresa--separated at birth?

Definitely not. But one film director thinks there's enough of a resemblance that he's considering offering Hilton the lead role in his biopic about the Nobel Peace Prize winner.

"[Hilton's] features resemble Mother Teresa's," T. Rajeevnath, who is based in Thiruvananthapuram, India, told Agence France-Presse on Monday. He says a meeting is set for later this month, but there's no word from Hilton's camp.
[...]
Maybe he doesn't know about that infamous video.

Read more...

I think he has a crash on Paris and this is the only way to get her attention. Hopefully, he'll get over it after meeting her later this month.



UPDATE Apr. 8, 2006
Paris proves the director wrong:

According to contactmusic.com, Hilton said: "I heard that. I don't think we look alike." But the heiress insists she is an admirer of the late nun and said: "I love Mother Teresa."

Needless to say Rajeevnath's plan to make the film with Hilton as Mother Teresa appears to be going awry...

Read more...

Too bad for the director.
 

2 comments:

Liam said...

I think it's more like "how can an obscure Indian director make the whole world upset and then become rich?"

Fayrouz said...

Liam,

Even my non-Catholic friends think this is a bad choice -- if he ever chooses her for the role.