Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Catholic Schools: The Good News in Education

This week is the Catholic Schools Week in America. This year, the American Catholic schools got an appreciation from our politicians:

WASHINGTON (CNS) – The House of Representatives unanimously passed a resolution Jan. 23 praising Catholic schools "for their ongoing contributions to education and for the key role they play in promoting and ensuring a brighter, stronger future for this nation."
[...]
Noting that more than a quarter of the students in Catholic schools are from minority backgrounds and 14 percent are non-Catholics, the resolution said the schools "produce students strongly dedicated to their faith, values, families and communities by providing an intellectually stimulating environment rich in spiritual, character and moral development."

The theme of Catholic Schools Week in 2007 is "Catholic Schools: The Good News in Education."

Read more...

That was nice of the House of Representatives. My older siblings went to Catholic schools. I went to a public school. We were a big Catholic family and my parents couldn't afford to put me in a Catholic school. I'm happy with my public education though. It made me the person I am today.

No comments: